The Skirmisher #4 is the fourth magazine in the award-winning Great Campaigns of the American Civil War (GCACW) series of games. Skirmisher #4 is centered around the reprint of Stonewall Jackson's Way II (SJW2), so players should own this game (or the original SJW) to fully enjoy all the elements of Skirmisher #4.
Skirmisher #4 contains the following scenarios and articles:
- “The Skirmish Line” which discusses upcoming GCACW plans and games.
- Lee’s Last Offensive, a mini-module on the Bristoe Station and Mine Run campaigns in the Fall of 1863. Designed by Niall Taylor there are 4 basic scenarios, 3 campaign scenarios, and a detailed “Game as History” article. These scenarios use the SJW2 maps.
- A colorful set of playtest reports on the Lee’s Last Offensive scenarios.
- Battle for the Gaps, a cavalry scenario in June 1863, when the Confederate and Union cavalry engaged just west of Aldie (on the SJW2 north map) as the Gettysburg campaign was developing.
- A detailed strategy article on optimal ways to play the All Green Alike campaign.
- A lengthy replay of a SJW2 scenario, filled with images to be easy-to-follow.
- An article on battlefield staff rides that Joe Balkoski conducts for the army.
- A listing of all that is GCACW on-line, tournaments, etc.
Skirmisher #4 components list:
- 56 color pages
- A half counter sheet (140 counters) for the included scenarios